Inhalt dieses Beitrages
Copenhagen is a beautiful city with a rich history and culture. The best time to travel is from May to September, when the weather is mild and the days are long. July and August are the busiest months, so expect larger crowds and higher prices. The city is also known for its Christmas markets, which take place from mid-November to late December.
Transportation options in Copenhagen include metro, buses and bicycles. Biking is a popular and efficient way to get around town. Cultural norms in Copenhagen include punctuality, respect for personal space, and environmental awareness. The Danes are also known for their love of hygge, a cozy and cozy feeling.
Top attractions in Copenhagen include Tivoli Gardens, Nyhavn, the Little Mermaid statue and the National Museum of Denmark. Hidden treasures in Copenhagen include Assistens Cemetery, Round Tower and Frederiksberg Gardens.
Overall, Copenhagen is a must for anyone interested in history, culture and beautiful architecture. With its friendly people, delicious food and breathtaking scenery, it’s no wonder Copenhagen is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Europe.
Accommodation in Copenhagen ranges from budget hostels to luxury hotels. Some popular options include Generator Hostel, Wakeup Copenhagen Carsten Niebuhrs Gade and Hotel Danmark. It is important to book accommodations in advance, especially during the peak travel season.
Local Insider Tips:
- The best way to explore Copenhagen is by bike.
- Danes are known for their love of hygge, a cozy and comfortable feeling.
- The city is home to many Michelin-starred restaurants.
- The statue of the Little Mermaid is smaller than expected.
- The city is very safe and easy to navigate.
Here the Copenhageners relax
- Assistant Cemetery
- The lakes
- Superkilen Park
- The David Collection
- The garden of the royal library
- The workers museum
- The Botanical Garden
- The National Gallery of Denmark
- The black diamond
- The Round Tower Observatory
Some recommendations for restaurants and nightlife
- For vegetarian/vegan options: Souls, SimpleRAW and Cafe N
- For seafood: Kødbyens Fiskebar and Fiskebaren
- For traditional Danish cuisine: Restaurant Schønnemann and Aamanns
- For nightlife: Jolene Bar, Ruby and Bakken
Some seasonal events that should be taken into account
- Copenhagen Jazz Festival (July)
- Copenhagen Pride (August)
- Christmas in the Tivoli Gardens (November – December)
Photo: Jesper Rais, visitdenmark