Denmark, the land of islands and coasts, is known for its extensive ferry network. With numerous ferry routes, the major ferry companies provide travelers with easy access to the country’s various islands and coastal regions. In this article we will give an overview of the most important ferry companies in Denmark and present the main ferry routes.
Molslinjen is one of the leading ferry companies in Denmark and operates several ferry routes. The main routes include:
- Rønne to Ystad: This ferry service connects the Danish island of Bornholm with Ystad in Sweden. The crossing takes about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Odden to Ebeltoft: The ferry route between Odden on the Djursland peninsula and Ebeltoft provides access to the picturesque coastal town of Ebeltoft. The crossing takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Sjællands Odde to Hou: This route connects Sjællands Odde on the island of Zealand with Hou on the Djursland peninsula. The crossing takes about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Scandlines is another major ferry company in Denmark, operating various ferry routes. Here are some of the main routes:
- Rødby to Puttgarden: This ferry route is part of the important connection between Denmark and Germany and provides access to the German island of Fehmarn. The crossing takes about 45 minutes.
- Gedser to Rostock: The Gedser to Rostock ferry connects Denmark with Germany and is a popular route for travelers wishing to travel from Scandinavia to Central Europe. The crossing takes about 2 hours.
Danske Færger (Færgen):
Danske Færger, also known as Færgen, is another major ferry company in Denmark. The main ferry routes include:
- Esbjerg to Fanø: This ferry service connects the city of Esbjerg on the Danish mainland with the idyllic island of Fanø. The crossing takes about 12 minutes.
- Spodsbjerg to Tårs: The route from Spodsbjerg on the island of Langeland to Tårs on the island of Lolland provides easy access between the two islands. The crossing takes about 45 minutes.
- Bøjden to Fynshav: This ferry service connects the island of Funen with the island of Als and offers a convenient shortcut for travelers wishing to travel from Jutland to southern Denmark. The crossing takes about 50 minutes.
The major ferry companies in Denmark, including Molslinjen, Scandlines and Danske Færger, offer a variety of ferry services to the country’s various islands and coastal regions. These ferry routes are not only practical transportation routes, but also offer the opportunity to experience the breathtaking beauty of the Danish coastal landscapes. Whether you want to explore Bornholm, Funen, Zealand or other fascinating destinations in Denmark, the ferries will provide you with convenient and unforgettable access to these unique destinations.