For active vacationers who are really fit, a real challenge awaits with us: the beach marathon along the North Sea coast!
The run takes place in June every year. Start and finish is in the fishing village of Hvide Sande on the south beach and leads via Nymindegab on Ringkøbing Fjord. The finish line is after exactly 42.2 km. You can register for participation until the beginning of June! Registration after June 1st is of course also possible, but the entry fee will then increase. If you don’t want to run the full distance, you can also choose shorter sections. The following distances are possible:
- Marathon (net entry fee: 480.00 DKK)
- Half marathon (280.00 DKK)
- 10 km one way (150.00 DKK)
- child-friendly route of 4.2 km (100.00 DKK)
A change in distance is still possible after registration!
It is only run on the beach. The entire route is marked and at the turning points all runners receive a control tape, which is exchanged for a medal in the finish area.
Along the route there are refreshment points for the participants where water, fruit and sports drinks are offered.
Regardless of whether you want to take part yourself or simply want to be a spectator: The “North Sea Beach Marathon” is definitely a worthwhile excursion. Live music provides entertainment and children’s attractions round off the festival.
If you go on one of the running routes yourself, please note the following:
- Two hours before the start, nothing more should be eaten, but the body should be given plenty of fluids.
- Run in shorts, a jersey and good, worn-in running shoes.
- Warm up all muscles well before starting and then stretch. You alone determine your pace!
- If you do not feel physically fit, you should refrain from participating, because you run at your own risk.
- Pay attention to the announcements that are made over the loudspeaker.
We wish you a good run – and lots of fun!